Monday, May 2, 2011

Bingo!

End of September 2010:
I was super strict for 6 months. I ate absolutely NO DAIRY. I read every label and made sure nothing had Casein in it. I went in for more blood work and asked it they could test my milk antibodies again just so I could compare them from before and the results were:

My milk antibodies dropped from 89 to 42 and even more impressive was that my TPO antibodies that I could never get to drop lower than 290 were now 214. Every little bit counts and this gave me hope that I could get them to drop lower over time. It took me 26 years to build up the milk antibodies so I didn't expect a huge change within 6 months. I know that the body needs time to heal.

Another huge plus was that a lot of the symptoms I equated to Hashimoto's disease like heart palpitations, nausea and headaches started to lessen.

I had a strong impression that I was on the right track finally.
Around the same time I also found out I was severely deficient in Vitamin D and had low B12 levels.

I started taking 5000IU of Vitamin D a day and 5000mcg of B12 one every 2 weeks and noticed a huge difference in my overall health.

Side note: When I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease in 2007 I also stopped eating anything with soy in it including soy bean oil because soy is toxic to the thyroid.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Crystal. First of all thank you very much for sharing your experience. It´s so helpful for me! And congratulations for your two daughters!!

    I am trying to put down my TPO antibodies (more than 1.300) and my TGA about 200. I knew I was Hashimotos 15 years ago, but never read or try to do anything but obey the doctors and endos that I have consulted. The only thing they have done is giving me levotiroxine, since 2011 each time more. This summer I went to a functional doctor who opened my eyes in this disease, and since then, I read every blog, book or article that I find. I've become gluten free, dairy free, and I'm taking selenium, vit. D, Magnesium, Zinc, and an adrenal support cause my cortisol levels were very high.
    I have also switched to a compound synthetic T4/T3 cause I was taking levotiroxine 75mcg, but it did nothing good for me.
    I've read in your post that you also had vit.B12 5000mg. every two weeks? Does it mean that you had a pill each 15 days?
    I would like to quit the hormones and see if my thyroid still produces them, but I am going to wait first and see if my antibodies decrease.
    Have you ever taken iodine? I've read somewhere that once the antibodies are down, it is necessary to make the thyroid function again.
    I'm sorry for my English. I am Spanish.
    Thank you very much for everything

    ReplyDelete