Monday, May 2, 2011

Et tu Dairy?

24th of February 2010:
The results are in! I'm allergic to MILK!! Sad sad day! I'm a Chef and like most people I'm in love with dairy...creamy, rich ,wonderful dairy! How could this be!? The blood work showed I'm a case 5 (the worst) with my antibodies against milk protein at 89. The test only goes to 93.

After finding out the results part of me was mad that it was dairy and part of me was relieved because this could be the answer to my Hashimoto's disease. I always felt sorry for people who couldn't eat dairy and thought "I'm glad that's not me!" Well now it is me! I never would have thought that I was allergic to milk. I would drink at least 2 glasses a day and dairy was the main staple in my diet. I had noticed however that the last two years I was having trouble digesting food and feeling nauseated more often. I decided to go off dairy for 6 months to see if it would effect my TPO antibodies and general all over gnarliness I'd been feeling. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment